The SMB Maths Package includes Maths Maps for each Year Group, with accompanying Feedback Friday Targets and Next Step Questions (NSQs) to assess pupil understanding and application, on a weekly basis. With SMB Maths:
- Pupils are engaged in their own learning. They match the Maths Map Target to the learning objective of each lesson, ensuring they are an active part of their own learning journey and can identify where the lesson fits into the ‘big picture’, within and across strands.
- Pupils can evaluate their own strengths and areas for development. The visual nature of colouring in the Maths Maps makes it easy for pupils to see their attainment and progress at a glance.
- Every child knows exactly what their own maths target is each week and whether they have achieved it, through the use of Feedback Friday Targets.
- Feedback Friday Tracker Cards mean parents are kept informed, engaged and can support their children at home.
- Learning is improved by pupils knowing what they need to achieve by the end of the unit/lesson through the use of NSQs.
- Planning lessons and ensuring the correct pitch under the new National Curriculum is easy with NSQs as teachers can begin with the end in mind.
- Successful completion of a NSQ is the trigger for colouring in the Maths Map Target. This provides clear evidence to support assessment without levels.
- Progress within and across strands is clear and visual, aiding tracking, monitoring and evaluation.