- Quality, developmental feedback is essential to improved pupil outcomes;
- Feedback needs to be clear and consistent if it is to be effective;
- Progress and attainment should be measured by what pupils have learned, not by ‘levels by another name’;
- Progress and next steps should be explicit, visual and shared with staff, pupils and parents;
- Pupils need to be actively engaged in their own learning through self/peer assessment and ownership of their targets and next steps; and
- School leaders need simple, effective ways to monitor the quality of teaching and learning and pupil achievement.
As practitioners, we appreciate how valuable teacher time is, so we have developed our approach to deliver maximum impact which accelerates learning.